Saturday, June 21, 2008

Progressing slowly but surely on RPG

The laws of programming dictate that a programming task will take longer than you originally estimate. I am no exception to that. My original vision looked past all of the small details that I currently find myself bogged down cranking out. This is where it would definitely be nice to have some developers helping out. For example, character movement is causing me a bit of trouble. The jQuery SVG animation breaks down if I press the keys too fast, so I reverted back to not using smooth transitions. I hesitate to have smooth movement because that introduces the problem of advanced collision detection. I can put this off and implement it if the market demands it.

Oh, and one more thing. The RPG is not turn-based. That's not to say that it will be too twitchy.

blog comments powered by Disqus